To install your door lock, please follow the detailed instructions in the in-box materials provided by the manufacturer as the installation process varies for each door lock.
Below are some key steps to follow when installing and pairing your door lock.
- Go to your PEQ DASHBOARD, select DEVICES, MANAGE/ADD, select DOOR LOCKS
- Watch the video for your door lock manufacturer
- Please note: The step by step directions are specific to Kwikset. For Yale, please use in-box materials and click next through the steps until prompted to pair
Installation and programming:
- Install the latch (Kwikset) or bolt (Yale)
- Adjust the length by either turning the latch (Kwikset) or pushing the button (Yale)
- Ensure "up" on the latch/bolt is pointing up when installed in the door
- Install exterior keypad (Kwikset) or outside escutcheon (Yale)
- Route the cable (Kwikset) or wire harness (Yale) under the latch/bolt
- Connect the cable/wire harness to the exterior keypad (Kwikset) and the inside escutcheon (Yale)
- Attach the exterior keypad/inside escutcheon to the other side of the door
- Insert batteries and program lock
- Create master and/or user codes
- Door lock handling process
Now you're ready to PAIR
- For Kwikset follow the "Inclusion process" push the A button 4 times in the interior assembly
- For Yale follow the "Network Module Setting" process choosing 7 # 1 #
- Immediately click Pair button on PEQ page to initiate pairing
Once your done pairing, you can set up rules that work with your new door lock.